Are you a beauty product junkie like me? One of the best things about college, sisters or roommates is learning about their favorite products… or even peeking into their makeup bag! Sometimes even trying some of their stuff on… am I right?
Well, I definitely have found a few faves over the years. I’m not someone that was ever committed to anything and would always switch products up and always have a hard time throwing any out. However, there are some that I find I just can’t run out of.
1. I already shared this beauty trick with you in the past! Now that I am getting older my pesky gray roots will always peek through… It is like laundry, you just can’t really stay ahead of it! So, I always have to have some kind of root cover up on standby and ready to go! I pick mine up at Sephora and it lasts probably 6-9 months.
When I am desperate, I will break out the mascara and touch up my roots as well!
2. Which brings me to… Mascara, Mascara, Mascara. I am one of those girls that doesn’t leave home without it! Haha… I just don’t feel complete without my mascara on. What I have learned is that I do not have to go buy the big names and spend a lot on it. Plus, I go through a tube pretty quickly and having to stock up can be inconvenient. So, I like to try different ones when they are on sale to see which ones I like the best.
Right now, I am just LOVING this:
I think it definitely depends on what kind of eyelashes you have and what kind of coverage you like. Mascara is personal, but the gel formula barely clumps and coats my lashes well. I definitely get a nice length and think it is a great every day formula. I always like to go slow and make sure I get every lash! I have also noticed I almost like this product more after a week or two. Sometimes it is too fresh when I first break it open!
If you are going for a thicker and fuller look for evening, I have tried the Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Very Black. This is a great product! However, a few things I have noticed. Every mascara takes some getting used to… You have to learn how to work with it. Sometimes you have to clean the brush off in order to avoid clumping, and I would also suggest just going slow with it. In my experience, I noticed that the falsies tended to dry up a little faster than most other tubes of mascara so that you do have to purchase a new tube a little sooner than what you might be used to.
But this is a fantastic way to add volume without having to put on fake lashes. You don’t need a lot of coats, so just start with one and take it from there!
3. This has to be one of my favorite faves! I found out about this product from a makeup artist and now it is an absolute MUST HAVE in my makeup bag.
The secret to this powder is that a little goes a LONG way. If you put too much on, you could end up with a white glow… The trick is just a little bit. You brush it over your face very lightly and just a small amount. It sets your makeup but more importantly, it takes away any shine. So, it is a makeup artist’s secret weapon when doing any type of filming since the harsh lights really can make you look oily and show imperfections. A must have for any bride on her wedding day! Plus this will last you FOREVER. Since a little goes a long way, plan on it lasting at least one year. I always make sure I get my forehead and nose area after I am done with everything else!
What it is:
A three-time award-winning universal translucent finishing powder to be applied over foundation or worn alone.
What it does:
This industry-recognized luxe finishing powder sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours. Made of 100 percent-mineral silica, it softens the appearance of imperfections, fine lines, and pores and completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. This translucent, dermatologist-tested, and talc-free formula does not dry the skin. One universal shade works for all skintones. The lightweight, silky texture and ultrafine formula adds a soft focus effect for a flawless finish and can be applied over foundation or worn alone.
4. My favorite hairspray I also discovered from a makeup artist and now I can’t live without it! I have used a lot of brands and a lot of them are either just too strong and you have to wash your hair the next day or not strong enough. I like to get away with not washing my hair more than 2x a week. This hairspray will hold anything but will also brush out with no residue! Truly my favorite and I can get it at most drugstores! It runs anywhere from $15-$18.
5. My favorite everyday scent… I have always loved perfume and I generally like to get one new scent a year. I discovered this one a while back and have stuck to it as my everyday scent. It is very clean and fresh and perfect for work. The only trick to this one is to use more than usual since it is so light. Another secret is to spray some in your hair!
It is a very affordable perfume, especially if you just want a small bottle. This is not what I would wear for evening, but really is a great scent for someone who doesn’t want to draw any attention to themselves but still smell fresh all day!
6. A new discovery I made this year is Ballet Slippers by Essie! This is the perfect polish to throw on your nails (meaning no base coat) and just run out. One coat will do the trick if you are rushed with no time, but two coats is ideal. I’m not one to get my nails done very often – who has the time? Plus I ruin my nails too quickly for it to be worth it. Ballet Slippers by Essie is my go-to product. It is a neutral color that just makes your nails look clean and fresh. If it chips, you can’t even notice since it is pretty much the same color as your nails.
There are plenty of other colors by Essie that I am really liking as well that I use when I get pedicures. But this is one that is great to have at home and ready to go!
So, there you have it! That is a list of some of my favorite products that I can’t really live without!
So, what products do you use that you can’t live without? I told you mine first, so do tell!
Any on my list you want to try? Well one lucky reader just might get the chance! Comment below with your beauty must have and I’ll randomly choose a winner to receive a collection of my favorite products! Contest ends 11/14 so don’t wait!
Let me know what you think!!